Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hello, little blog. Did you forget me? I didn't forget you! I thought of you now and again and had to make myself refuse to feel guilt about neglecting you. Because our relationship is a free one. No commitments, no expectations. Just freedom and some sporadic brilliant writing on my part. (Joke. As Duncan would say after saying something not very funny.)

Yes, we still live in Texas in the tiny borrowed cabin surrounded by dogs and donkeys and neighbors who like to keep all the old furniture they've ever owned in a secluded time capsule in their back yards. Except it's not really secluded, because I can see it. I wouldn't mind seeing it after I doused it with gasoline and tossed a match at it, but I don't think that's legal so I just have to try and not look around me too much. Nearsightedness would really come in handy right now.

Anyhoo, we're still living in the country. The past month has been pretty wintery -- a whole month of winter, brr. ;) -- with a little snow here and there and lots of rain. The yard is one giant muddy mess.



Today, however, the sun came out and the puddles started to disappear. We spent a lovely morning outside. The boys played in puddles, Chris played with his frisbees (he works the late shift today) and I started knocking together a raised garden bed which I hope will house my ginger and some other goodies.

Spring makes me feel alive again. The sound of birds singing, the feel of wet grass and mud under my feet, the warmth of the sun on my back. I'm so thankful for these things today. And I'm super excited to plant my garden again!

6 comments:

  1. The only thing negative about your lovely blog (you listed the positives already...no commitment, etc) is that it eats comments. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, shucks! I'm sorry, I hate that for you and for me. I'm sure it was lovely. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, Mama. I love you!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh great. It published THAT comment and ate the lovely, wordy, encouraging one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanny.....I miss your blogs. I miss you. Hopefully you know who this is...unless you have a large fan club who calls you, "Hanny," and if you don't- then it's decided- I'm starting one.

    ~your long lost friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAWWWW. I miss you and I've been wondering where you are and what you're up to! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and make me feel loved. I want you to know you're solely responsible for my next blog post. Your sweet comment has given me the motivation to write once again, and write I shall! ;) Love you friend.

      Delete
  4. That reminds me that I need to get back to my two blogs. It's been several months I think.

    ReplyDelete