Sunday, August 31, 2014

Oh, hey.

Soooo.

I thought my blog had been deactivated, but somehow it's been live for months since I stopped writing. Gasp! I clicked on the link recently out of curiosity and ended up reading old entries I'd written. It was amazing to realize how much the boys have grown over the past few years, and how much of their ever-evolving personalities has been captured through writing here, and would have been forgotten if I hadn't bothered to make note of it. It got me thinking... goodness, I don't want to lose any little bits of their childhood through forgetfulness or my absorption in the always new, always changing landscape of our lives. I was so caught up in the thought of blogging, that I posted a status on facebook about it, and quite expectedly, received wild enthusiasm at the mention of me, and blogging, and me blogging, and me blogging about blogging, and all things my blog. (Just kidding. No wild enthusiasm.) I went to bed last night thinking about it, and it kept me up until after two in the morning. Well, that and the fact that I had to exhaust all my Candy Crush lives before I could sleep in peace. Then I realized how late it was, and since Chris gets home super late from work I had the bright idea of waiting for him and rushing out to greet him with giddy marital enthusiasm as he pulled up. I saw the headlights, slipped quietly out the front door, and prepared to skip joyfully across the yard to my man. My excitement was dwindled when I realized it was my father-in-law who had just pulled in and was walking into his house. Not that I don't rush out happily to meet him every time he comes home. Okay, no, I don't. He's great and all but that would be weird.

Anyhow, I went back to bed and played Candy Crush until I ran out of lives again (AGH), and when Chris finally came home I only had enough energy for a tired sort of hop across the yard and a limply affectionate lean against him as we walked back to the house. I thought I'd be able to get right back to sleep, but there was the thought of blogging niggling at the back of my brain. I started writing in my mind (y'all do that, right?) and then got excited about how much I had to say about important issues like mice in the house, and Pinterest boards, and crocheting, and Bertie the parrot. When I finally drifted off to sleep I figured the urge would be gone in the morning. But now it's the next day and I still can't shake it. The desire to chronicle, the desire to capture the beauty and ridiculousness of life, runs deep. I find if I'm not creating something or working on a project I get antsy and restless in life, and I just don't know what to do with myself. Motherhood is a cool project....... but it takes so many years to finish, and I want more instantaneous gratification. !!!

That's why I'm here, hoping to slip back unobtrusively into the blogging ranks, feeling a little nervous and shifty-eyed about it all. I'm not trying to build a blogging empire, or pour myself out daily. I just want a place to share what's begging to be shared and to do what I've been saying I REALLY SHOULD DO for the past 5 years.... practice using the stinking manual mode on my camera.

So that's that. Stick around if you like, and don't be a stranger.

P.S. Sorry about the filters I used to edit some of my pictures with in the past. In retrospect, some of them were hideous. :P

9 comments:

  1. No, your photos were not hideous-just not plentiful enough. And I'm so happy you're blogging again. I'm addicted.
    Three cheers for Hannah! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh you. Thanks for being my number one fan. ;) I love you so!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog through Instagram, and if it's anything like you Instagram feed, I can't wait to read more and see more pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Callie! That's so sweet of you to say. I hope I don't disappoint. ;) :D

      Delete
  3. I'm thrilled, pleased, and delighted to be able to read what you're up to again! Evangel is too. You're her hero. She just heard that and said, "Oh, Mom, please. You make me sound five." So in a dignified, 18 year old way, she admires you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Well, thanks to you and to her for making me feel special and for welcoming back to the blogging realm! Your sweet words mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  4. YOU'RE HERE!!! YAYYYY!!! I am expression wild enthusiasm with my exclamation points!!! (At least, I hope you're getting the wild enthusiam.)

    ReplyDelete