Monday, June 24, 2013

Hello, Monday.

Hello, blog. I'm sorry I've been so distant. In case you didn't know, I've been trying to collect all the pieces of my life from boxes and re-arrange them into something lovely where my heart can rest. I'm still overwhelmed by it all, and it doesn't leave me a lot of energy for the blogosphere.

Hello, new city. I hope we'll have lots of adventures together. The air here is ripe with promise and excitement.

Hello, new home. You're looking disheveled but I see the makings of beauty in you. First I need to finish re-painting about 5 different pieces of furniture, collect more whimsical and interesting yard sale goodies to fill you with, and save my pennies so I can buy all the wall prints from my Etsy wishlist.

Hello, light in my bedroom. It's been so long since I had you every morning and I'm absolutely loving you.


Hello, plump zucchini in my itsy bitsy patio garden. I'll be picking you soon.

Hello, little boys. You're my only friends in this place so far... so let's make today a good day and play nice like the happy friends we should be, okay?


Linking up with Lisa today for her Hello Monday series.

8 comments:

  1. Hello friend! Love seeing the peek of your new home and can't wait to see how you make it your own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those only friends for now look like mighty fun ones :) Hope you enjoy your day and your zucchini when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. :D I agree. In the world of just a few friends, they're the cream of the crop.

      Delete
  3. I'm cuddled up with a pyrex of filipino squash and shrimp from Mamsing, looking for pleasantness on your blog and I found something new to read! And pictures! They says routine activities can feel like a marathon at this stage. I dunno but I do so appreciate quietness and time to rest. I wish I could share my yummy mommy-in-law food with you. It might cheer your soul. We could sit in the same room and send pleasant thoughts eachother's way every now and then. I must agree, though. Your little friends look like fun. They do like that could gobble up your energy, too. I'd like to have a conversation with the one... if I weren't in such a quiet mood.

    I love you.

    ~l'meezie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, yummy. I'm glad you're getting some quiet and rest. We'll indulge in silent, motionless hanging out soon enough. ;)

      Delete
  4. hello cutie kiddos! looks like you are settling well!
    Also, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can read about it in my blog post today. http://www.splendidactually.com/2013/06/liebster-award.html I hope you will accept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to see that you are settling into your new home, since this is something I am looking forward to! I love that photo of your bedroom - it looks so peaceful and relaxing :) We are moving in 2 days, so it's pretty stressful but fun as well. I hope you are enjoying your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete