Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dootle-isms

Hearing this kid get better at talking has been really fun. Sure he's argumentative and opinionated and a little bossy. But he's also tender, sweet, and incredibly empathetic. He loves learning new things and is an apt student. I'm going to venture a guess that he doesn't have a "phlegmatic" personality type, because he's not just "along for the ride." He wants to know where we're going, what we're doing there, who's going to be there, what's on the side of the road, and why we're taking a different way than usual. 

I look forward to seeing his personality develop. The things about him that are high-maintenance and draining (to me) right now are the things that are going to develop into strengths and positive qualities as he gets older and grows in maturity. 


Him: What are you doing mom?
Me: Working on my blog.
Him: Your blog? Haha, that's not a word.


He gave me his best poses for this photo shoot and then decided that acting silly would be a great way to detract from the awkwardness of the camera that was still in his face. 


Things he's been saying:
"Do french fries live in potatoes?"
"Aw, are you not happy? Jesus will make you happy."
(finding a picture of me in my wedding dress) "Mommy, you were a princess!"
(as Chris was leaving for work.) Bye, Daddy. Thank you for going to work for me."
(when something puzzles him or strikes his funny bone) "That makes my eyes roll around."
(peering at an indecipherable pile of food in his bowl) "I don't want to eat poop."


13 comments:

  1. he looks exactly like you. i'm particularly a fan of silly face number 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that. :D Chris has gotten way more, "He looks just like you!!!!" kind of statements... which is great because they are boys and it's good for boys to look like men. But still. They are mine and I like it to show now and then. ;)

      Delete
  2. Man oh man, my day got better just by reading this! I love you, dear soul, and those dearie children of yours.

    ~l'pickle pie

    oh and p.s.: these faces remind me of Josiah when he was little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him! "Aunty M" or "Aunt Monica"

      Delete
    2. He's been asking about where you live since you left.

      Delete
  4. So much personality! Ha ha. I love that he told you blog isn't a word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For reals. Yeah, loves to correct me whenever he can... about things he knows nothing about. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blogs! This made me laugh outloud! Love u...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, sis! Thanks for being so supportive all the time. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness (I'm a little behind on my blog reading if you haven't noticed!) he is TOOOOO cute!!! I am seriously gawking at his poses. I love it! And he is hilarious to boot. I think I know where he gets it from. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These just made me laugh out loud at work - haha!

    ReplyDelete