Thursday, March 7, 2013

Home again.

Our car crawled back into town Tuesday night. We had been driving in the snow for hours, and there was a winter storm warning. The Christmas-like scenery welcomed us back to the north.


I have a confession: I never took my camera out at the wedding. I had planned to, but there was so much going on, I didn't even know where my kids were half the time. That's not normal. I snapped a few pictures before the wedding with my phone...


The wedding was outdoors, and it was a cold and windy day. At one point in the ceremony I looked over at my friend beside me and her whole body was shivering uncontrollably. Before it was over all of us bridesmaids were huddled together for warmth, and the groomsmen were standing together in a tight cluster, albeit more dignified and manly than our huddle. It was hysterical. Or maybe I was just hysterical because I had frostbite on my brain. Either way, there was a lot of laughing. I couldn't have picked a better group of girls to shudder to death with. It's convenient that my sister and I share a few close girlfriends, because it could have gotten awkward when I had to burrow into the personal space of a mere acquaintance. It was THAT cold.


Now that we're home I'm trying to recover my internal balance. The difference between life in Dallas and life here is enough to send me into culture shock. I'm slowly getting back to normal, although I won't be able to relax into life again fully until I know whether or not Chris is getting a new job in Fort Wayne. If he does, that will mean another move for our family. And everybody knows moves are hardly relaxing.

Until then I'll just be hanging on, waiting to see what happens.

8 comments:

  1. You and your sister are both SO beautiful!! Looks like a lovely wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your sis look a lot alike to me! Very beautiful! I am glad you made it back safely. I totally get the adjustment thing. Every time we go away for awhile, it takes awhile to get back in the flow of things. And praying about that possible move! We've been through quite a lot ourselves - this last one was the hardest. Praying God's hand on your lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! We do look alike, it's true. And we're 7 years and two siblings apart, which makes it even cooler I think!

      Thanks soo much for your prayers, they mean a lot!

      Delete
  3. It was so good to see you Hanny... and your whole sweet family... I wish you lived around the corner from me... but then that would mean that you live in this 55 and older like I do... and I wouldn't wish that on your young self :-) Wait so you guys might move again... praying for grace for your heart my friend.
    love you,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good to see you toooo!! Thanks for watching my kiddos... and doing it again so I could slow dance with my hubby. :) I like you!

    Oh yes, you know us. It wouldn't be typical year if we didn't move at least once. And thanks for the prayers, I need them for reals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For being so cold u all look stunning. Glad u had fun and made it back safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boo, I just now saw this. The wedding was curiously cold. Every once in a while I just stop to think about it and marvel at it. I'm so glad you were there even though I don't remember a lot of calm moments of taking things in... I'm glad you were there loving me. Because you do that so well.

    I love you too.

    ~l'me

    ReplyDelete