Friday, March 15, 2013

Here we go again.

My hubby got the job. Do you know what that means? It means within the next two months we will be moving all over again, somewhere yet unknown.

When Chris applied for this job I was supportive. On the inside, though, I was absolutely mortified at the thought of moving again. We don’t know anyone in this new place, not even a quirky family member! We just spent what felt like 6 months of cruel and unusual punishment trying to establish ourselves in a community here, and just when we finally found some really awesome friends.... it's time to move. Does this happen to anyone else, or just me? 'Cause it feels like the story of my life. I have a special label for blog posts about moving, because we move an average of every ten months or so. There's always a perfectly adequate reason, but that doesn't make it a painless experience. 

That's the closest thing I have to a complaint, though.

Print by ModMemento.

The truth is, I'm really thankful that he got this job. 

Somewhere along the line my fear turned into excitement, and now instead of worrying I'm plotting how I'm going to decorate my new home. I wanted to cry once when I thought about how we're going to have to make friends from scratch again, but then I put my big girl pants on and decided not be bummed out about something that may not even be hard. Who doesn't love a good adventure? And most especially, who doesn't love a good adventure with their most favorite people? I seriously haven't felt this right about a move since I moved in with Chris after I married him. And that really felt like the right thing to do..

I'm praying that we find community surprisingly quickly. And I'm praying for somewhere to plant vegetables, cause my fingers are achin' to garden again. I think I'll get a lot farther by praying through my worries than sitting around moping about them, don't you? Moping is so last year.

14 comments:

  1. I am sad you are leaving but we will be praying for you! We need to hangout again before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney, I appreciate it! Let's plan on it.

      Delete
  2. You look great in your stylish, Big Girl pants.
    I'm going to miss you soooooooooo much.
    Quirky Family Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may look great but they feel way too tight. :/ I need to go shopping.

      I'm going to miss you sooooo much too. But we won't be too far away!

      Delete
  3. YaY!!! Oh Schmo...I love your blogs of awesomeness. I only hope that I'm half as awesome of a momma as you are.. (i mean it be cool to be awesome-er, but I think that has to be passed down..) Anywho...I am so excited for you and the all your dudes. :) And way to go, with the big girl pants. (So...could I borrow them when you are done, since I'm tall like you they should fit fine!) I imagine, you just slipped right in them, unlike all of us that have to wiggle and jiggle to get them on. Either way, you are an inspiration to all of us who long to be...a big girl. (not a fat joke!) I love you and I'm so proud of you and I love you and I will come visit and I love you. The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Steph, you are kind and encouraging as ever. Please borrow my pants anytime. And please come visit all the time. I love you too!

      Delete
  4. Oh Hannah, I have lived a bit of this story too. Ian and I have moved a good dozen times (more than years we've been married) . And the longest we've lived somewhere is a whopping 3 years, and now we too must move again. Like you said, there's always a perfectly & adequately good reason for it. The Lord has sweetness and memories for us in each place though. Well, I'm on your side chica, cheering you on to the next new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy... I so appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. I can not imagine moving that often. I had a hard time moving 20 mins from my family. The anxiety of it overwhelms me. I will be praying for instant Christian community. We serve a gracious God and he will protect you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Chrissy! It is always challenging... but there are fun things about it that make it less of a drag. ;P Moving further from my family will be the hardest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a woman after my own heart. ;) I'm so glad that you are excited about the adventure God has planned for you AND that you are going to have a garden. When we looked for a new place (to rent) that was something important to me. My garden didn't do well last year *sigh* but I'm hoping this year things will be different.

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    P.S. I found you on Twitter after you followed me. I'm so glad because now I'm a follower of this lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chalayn. I'm glad you found me, too! We're also going to be renting. There's a little bitty back yard surrounded by a fence, so I think I'm going to try container gardening. I haven't done that successfully before, but I'm excited to try again. I hope you have better luck with your garden this year!

      Delete
  8. I haven't been in this situation with my family, but I can imagine the anxiety that it brings. You have such a sweet family and it is evident what a wonderful person you are, so I know that God will bring the right people to you once you get there. When I saw that you are moving to Fort Wayne my first thought was that Erin from Design for Mankind lives there! She is from my home town (Connersville) and is THE sweetest girl. I bet she would be a great contact once you are living there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Mandy!! I hope and pray so! I'm not familiar with Erin, but I will definitely check her out! Thanks for the lead. :)

    ReplyDelete