Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A White Winter


One of the perks of moving a lot is that you get frequent changes of scenery! I've spent most of my life in southern climates, so having recently moved to a state where snow is common makes my heart happy. Waking up in the morning and looking out the window to see thousands of beautiful, white fluffs of snow falling from the sky feels magical.

We had blizzard weather here a few days ago and it left mounds and mounds of snow everywhere. I've been wanting to go out and frolic in it with the boys, but I declare, it takes a century to get little kids bundled up enough for snow play. I wish they had the motor skills of 18-year-olds already. Is that too much to ask? It would be creepy, but I could manage with the creep factor for the sake of convenience. I'll ask God to think about it.

4 comments:

  1. Well, just think... if they had the motor skills of 18 year olds and the minds of toddlers, how much damage could they do to your house then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, no. I feel like they've reached the level of destructiveness they aspire to just fine with their present motor skills. It doesn't really take coordination to destroy.. but it does to do useful things, right? They have so much energy, if they could just use it to do productive things like get dressed and make dinner for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and breakfast and lunch, and snacky whackies. and clean granny's house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS
    I love the picture of you holding Finkle!

    ReplyDelete