Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Business Talk



SO, I’ve been having way too much fun around here. I recruited my brother to help me with my Etsy shop by taking pictures of my new listings for me…. And well, he’s been amazing. We’ve done several photo shoots already and I still have more scarves and hats and headbands to post. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll keep your eyes peeled for all the new handmade goodness that’s coming out in the next several weeks and months! I’m going to have winter accessories that are so cute I won’t be able to resist snagging some of them for myself. Are you sold? Cause I am. In fact, just to prove it, I’m going to go buy something from myself for myself RIGHT NOW. Watch me.

Okay, never mind.

But look!


More shots of winter scenery.


As you can see, I braved blisteringly cold temperatures to capture these shots.

I’ve discontinued quite a few of the items I was offering previously because I stopped liking them as much as I did when I first designed them. I’ve been working on making new patterns and perfecting old patterns, which involves a fair amount of frustration on my end with trial and error, but produces better results in the long run. 

Oh, also! Because I’m spending all this time designing and working on new things, I happen to have quite the collection of crocheted things laying around that will probably never make it to my Etsy shop for one reason or another. A lot of the things I would wear myself, but I have way more slouchy hats now than I can wear, and my hat basket is spilling over and making a mess on the dresser. The truth of the matter is, I could use some help from you folks with wearing these hats, if  you’re interested. I don’t want to try and pawn them off on random or reluctant recipients, so I thought maybe the best way to disperse them would be to do a giveway (or several) with a picture in it of each item, and whoever is interested in whatever can just let me know via comment.

Sounds like fun to me. :D I’m going to plan on doing it in September when people are enjoying the thought of fall again. Mmkay? Mmkay.

3 comments:

  1. Me me...I like to join the GIVEaway!!! DUDE, since I'm the first I should get a plethora of nice Hannah made things. =) Love the shots and so HAPPY to hear the joy in your "text". Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vina, it's so nice to read your comment! I miss you and Andy and little Ava. And now a new one!!!
    Yes, Hannah, she should have an abundance of Hannah-made things.
    Loved the picture of Josiah. I'm glad you chose one with a smile on his hamsum face. And I am so proud of you both for braving the blizzards of Muncie in the winter to take those shots. Tee hee.
    The best part about all this photography stuff is that mimaw gets to hang out with her grandbabies while the adults are away. Cool beans, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a lovely hat to put on my happy head, Hannah Sue. Vats whut ay say, tis.

    ReplyDelete