Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chain Scarf


I dreamed that I made this scarf, so I got up and made it! When I get the bug to create, I could crochet for hours. Really, I could crochet for hours all the time; but when I'm making something new I don't want to stop until it's done. I'm a big ball of excitement and anxiety because I can't wait to see how it turns out, but I'm worried that it will be a flop. A lot of emotions swirl inside of me as I sit and crochet, haha.

I think I like how it turned out, though. I used a big hook which made it super soft. Wanna make one? Email me and I can send you the pattern! This one is pretty easy to make.

6 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a carved-from-one-piece wooden chain that some man visiting prison gave me; I think he gave your mom one, too, come to think of it. It's not long enough to go around my neck, so maybe I should make an ankle bracelet out of it--what do you think? The latest accessory fashion for haute couture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jes, Auntie, you should definitely make an ankle braceklet (my pronuniciation) of it.
    Hannah, you're lovely, as usual. Love the scarf. It looks charming on you, as do your boots.
    Hey honey, will you send me the pattern for the black hat you made josiah? I undid a black sweater and now I have yarn for it. :)
    Now, back to you. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that it is absolutely fabulous that you dreamed the idea, woke up and invented the pattern. you and the holy spirit really have something going there. a spiffy business operation. i like the creation too; i think that you'll be able to use it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A. J. - Mmhm, a repurposed wooden chain would make an excellent accessory of some sort. Hair insert, maybe?!?!?!

    Bob - You're lovely!!!

    Buddy - I love you! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun while it lasted. :D

      Delete