Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm two and...



I like to hide from Mommy in the corner and eat fruity chapstick.

I chewed bubblegum for the first time today without swallowing it [immediately].

I have a special place where I sit at the counter on a barstool and keep Mommy company while she cooks and cleans. Sometimes if I ask she gives me peanuts or other snacks to eat while we hang out.

I have a lot of things to say, but people don't understand me. It's so frustrating! I know if I keep saying the same thing over and over again, they'll get it eventually.... right?

I have the energy of a hundred wild stallions, and Mommy only seems to have the energy of a hundred-year-old cart horse. It's weird! When I get crazy and need to expend some energy, she lets me chase her around in circles, though, and then we have so much fun that it hurts.

I'm deeply emotional and complex. I have a lot of mood swings that I don't quite understand myself, but usually nothing so bad that a few hours of sleep, a snack, or a visit to the park can't fix.


For some reason the cats don't trust me enough to let me close.. so I just have to chase them around the house trying to catch them, until Mommy stops me.

When Mommy and Daddy are talking to each other in different rooms, I've found that the best way to get involved in the conversation is by yelling louder than either of them are talking. It works like a charm every time!

I try to do my part around the house, but I still haven't perfected the art of being really helpful. My one skill so far is putting clothes into the dryer. I'm super good at it, and I feel really great about myself when I do it.


I really like Elmo. Aunt Weez says he's not real and he doesn't love me, but I love him in all his fakeness anyway.

I can be bashful when you first meet me, but there's a lot of gooberness inside me that I wanna take out on you if you just let me warm up to you.

I'm sort of a fashionisto, I like to wear scarves and hats because I know it makes people go crazy over how cute I look. If I find anything laying around that I can accessorize my outfit with, I usually put it on and then I find someone to look at me.

It's really hard for me to hold still, especially during church services. But if I can go to the church nursery it's so much fun that I weep bitterly when I have to leave.

Sometimes I hate vegetables so much I gag, but I eat them anyway. If I had my way I would eat peanut butter toast, chapstick, fruit, crayons, cheerios, play-dough and candy all day, every day.


I don't believe in chewing my food all the time. It gets the job done quicker if I just swallow.

Aunt Weez has a goldfish and her name is Dorothy. I prefer to call her Dorky, cause it's easier to say.

I really love playing hard with Daddy.

I know my numbers from 1-10, in English and Spanish. When I'm bored I count, and I especially like counting shampoo and soap bottles.

I have good manners. I like to say, "Thank you. You're welcome." when someone gives me a drink.

When it's time to go to sleep, I lay down in my crib and pull my big blanket up to my face and turn over. Sleep is my happy place.

9 comments:

  1. My favorite part: I really like Elmo. Aunt Weez says he's not real and he doesn't love me, but I love him in all his fakeness anyway.
    Oh, Duncan, you are so cute!!! - Amy A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh baby. What a love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best blog ever! I love that little one so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MiMi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that Duncan could type! He should add skinny jeans to his fashionista blog part! =) auntie v says hello!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is too stinkin cute!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is GREAT! I love how much you included in it!! My son turns one next week and I am FOR SURE going to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm deeply emotional and complex. I have a lot of mood swings that I don't quite understand myself, but usually nothing so bad that a few hours of sleep, a snack, or a visit to the park can't fix."
    Substitute "a chat with Sheryl" for the park visit, and you've described me!
    moomoo

    ReplyDelete