Saturday, September 17, 2011

I woke up this morning to having my fingers sucked on. Since my husband didn't spend the night at home it could only mean either the racoons came down to visit from the rafters or my son with the double chin was ready for me to start the day with him. I pulled the covers off my head and sure enough, Finkle was inches from my face. He was excited to see that the fingers had a face that belonged to them and he attacked my face and hair with loving fervor. I had thought maybe he would skip that baby stage of scratching and pinching and pulling at faces but I was wrong. He's right on track for his age.


At night he likes to wake me up often to remind me that he loves me and to see if I'd be willing to give him just a little bitty snacky wacky. I don't have the energy to resist, so there's a lot of back and forthing from the bed to the bassinet. Sometimes I wake up and he's in bed with me and I don't remember how he got there. Sometimes I wake up and Dootle is in bed with me and I don't know how he got there. Then I realize he's not Dootle, and I put him back in his bassinet. Sometimes I forget which direction I faced him the last time I fed him so I drag him out confidently by his feet. He objects every time, which might be the only thing that keeps me from trying to feed his feet. Oh, the adventures of sleepless nights.

In other news for today -- I did have plans this afternoon but they fell through. Broken cars, stuff like that. It's all good though. Instead we have napping (not me, sigh) and blogging and... maybe another cup of coffee for comfort. Also, a fun interview at Naptime Diaries.

5 comments:

  1. "At night he likes to wake me up often to remind me that he loves me and to see if I'd be willing to give him just a little bitty snacky wacky."
    if you've ever wondered if it were possible to be as amazing a mom as ours is, it is.. and you are. phineas is a very very special boy to have a mother like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is precious! love your blog and your shop! those cowls? be still m heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have to say, I've been reading a lot of blogs lately. You have a very distinct voice in your writing that I love and is refreshing! I relate so much to the co-sleeping situations you've encountered, except I wrestle my baby in the bed in my sleep. He's fallen off a couple times, what can I say. I am not a good sleep-wrestler. :)Brooke
    fromunderhisfeathers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boo. Such mental images! You sound like a fun mom and person. Let's be friends?

    ReplyDelete